We want to make it easy for all of your team members to access JobScore. If your company uses Single Sign On (SSO) with Okta, please complete the steps described on this page. Once you provide us with the information we need, we will coordinate a cut-over date.
Prepare for Single Sign-On cut over
Here's how things will work after we cut over to use Okta as your Single Sign-On provider:
- All existing users in your JobScore account will preserve their existing access level, but they will no longer be able to log in using their password, they will only be able to login through Okta Single Sign On.
- Users can be provisioned normally through the JobScore interface. However, users ability to log in will be governed by Okta, meaning they may not be able to login when you add them.
- If a user has been granted access to JobScore through Okta but has not yet been added to the JobScore system they will be auto-provisioned on their first login attempt (Just in Time provisioning).
- Auto-provisioned users are granted the lowest access level in JobScore (Limited). The user will be prompted to ask a colleague with JobScore administrative privileges to increase their access level if they are a hiring manager or recruitment / HR professional.
- We strongly recommend setting it up so that everyone in your company is able to access JobScore. The limited access level is specifically designed for everyone in your company to only be able to view open jobs, refer friends and conduct interviews - things everyone in your company may need to do.
- If you choose to restrict access to specific users, we recommend you ask your IT department (who controls Okta) to grant access to everyone who needs to access JobScore prior to the cut-over date to ensure a smooth transition. Please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this prompts questions.
- If you choose to restrict access, we recommend granting JobScore access and selecting an access level become a required part of your new employee onboarding process.
Step 1: Locate and Save your Company code
Locate your Company Code by accessing this page in JobScore and jot down it down.
Step 2: Install the JobScore App in Okta
Please log into the Okta console and visit the Okta Application Network page. Locate the JobScore Application and click to add it to your Okta account. When you do you’ll see a page that looks like this:
Under 1 - General Settings please enter the following:
- Application Label: JobScore
- Account Type: "Employer".
- Company Code: Enter your JobScore Company Code from step 1.
- Application Visibility: [no preference, whatever makes sense for your company]
Click Next to continue
Under 2 - Assign to People:
Important: JobScore is designed to be used by every employee in your company and we recommend checking the box at the top of the first column to select every user in your account.
Click Next and then click done to confirm your team’s email addresses.
Great! You’ve successfully added JobScore to your Okta account., but you are not done yet...
Step 3: Download the medatada file
Click on the "Sign On" tab for your newly installed JobScore application. Then click the link for “identity provider metadata” which is located here:
When you click the link an XML data file will be downloaded.
Step 4: Email JobScore to activate Single Sign-On for your account
Please email email@example.com and include:
- The day and time you would like to enforce Okta single sign on for JobScore (when users will no longer be able to login using their password)
- The metadata file downloaded from Okta.
The JobScore success team will confirm receipt of your email and the scheduled date and time of the cut-over to Okta.
If you have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.