JobScore's two way email sync automatically records the messages that you send to candidates and their responses. After you connect your email you won’t have to cut and paste emails into JobScore anymore because they’ll show up automatically. This eliminates data entry and means the team can always find the latest candidate communication in JobScore, so they won't have to ask around to figure out what's going on.
Email synchronization doesn't require you to work in an unusual way or use a special email address. Once you've connected your email, just email normally and everything "just works."
Emails are added to candidate records and grouped into threads that look like this:
- Email synchronization is an opt-in only feature. JobScore only synchronizes email when a user gives permission and only records emails between team members and candidates in your account.
- JobScore only allows you to connect your own email, someone else cannot connect it for you. If you are trying to connect a co-worker’s email, please forward them these instructions.
- Email synchronization is not supported with Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) protocol.
How to connect your email
- Start from your my settings page, here.
- In the emails area, click edit.
- If the email address you want to connect is listed in the table with “no” in the synced column, click the pencil icon to edit it. If the email you want to sync is not listed, click the add email link at the bottom of the table.
- JobScore will automatically detect if your email is powered by Google. If it is, just click the checkbox to “Synchronize candidate emails” and you are good to go.
- If your email is powered by another service like Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 you’ll need to do a little more work. You will need to enter the SMTP and IMAP information for your email server, which may require a little help from your IT department. If you see information inserted for the host & port values on the screen, we recommend you use them - those values are already working for someone else at your company.
- If your company has enabled two-step-verification with Microsoft Exchange or Office 365, you'll need to create an app password for JobScore and enter that password in the SMTP and IMAP password fields.
What happens when you sync an email address
- If you select “Import my old emails” when you connect, JobScore searches for emails you’ve sent to candidates and ones they’ve sent to you. Any emails found are added to candidate records.
- When candidates send a message to the connected email address, a copy is added to the candidate's record.
- When you send an email from a connected email address to the candidate's email a copy will be automatically added to the candidate’s record.
- As new email addresses are added to candidate records in your account, JobScore searches your old email conversations and adds them to the candidate’s record.
- JobScore automatically groups the messages it finds into threads so you can easily scan through long email histories.
- When you send emails from the JobScore user experience they will be sent using your primary email account. If your primary email account is connected, messages are not only stored in JobScore, they will also appear in the sent items folder of your email client because they will be sent directly from your email server, not from an @jobscore.com email server.
Email synchronization and privacy
By default, synchronized emails can be viewed by any user who has access to a candidate’s record. Access to candidate records is controlled by user access levels and the hiring teams each user is assigned to.
Just like notes, you can restrict access to specific email conversations by marking emails private:
When you mark a conversation private, you can grant access to other specific coworkers. Coworkers that were cc:ed on the original email thread can always read emails snd can't be removed from this list (because they already received the email directly).
How to turn off email synchronization
If you don’t like having your emails synced in JobScore, just visit your my settings page, edit the email and check the box to turn off email synchronization.