Important: Only G Suite super administrators can complete the steps below. You are a Super admin if you can access this page and see the billing tab. If you are not a G Suite Super administrator, please share this article with a G Suite super administrator (usually someone in your IT department) and add them to your JobScore account on the add user page here.
JobScore is web based software that your team uses to drive recruiting. Scheduling phone calls and onsite interviews is an important and time-consuming part of hiring. The JobScore ←→ Google Calendar integration makes this process faster and easier by allowing your recruiting team to do the following inside the JobScore interface:
- See your team's free/busy status
- Schedule phone calls and multi-person onsite interview panels
This saves hundreds - if not thousands - of actions each month, keeps a log of who-spoke-with-who, tracks whether team members added feedback, and creates a place where the team can see interviewing activity for the entire company.
Step 1: Create a user to power the integration
JobScore communicates with Google Calendar using a GSuite user account. This means you'll need to create a user in GSuite that exists exclusively to power the integration.
Please create a new user with the username "JobScore Scheduling" and the email address jobscore.scheduling@[insertyourdomainhere].com - this will make it easy for your team to know what's happening when appointments are added to their calendar.
The integration will not work if you use the email of any active user (e.g. an individual's email, a shared alias) that's used for any purpose other than to power the integration. Also, if the user account powering the integration is ever deactivated or deleted the calendar integration will stop working.
Step 2: Install the JobScore Google Marketplace App
- If you don't have the Marketplace App installed, please follow the self-service installation instructions. Note: if you use a single sign on provider other than G Suite for your company (Okta, Onelogin, etc.) you will not be able to complete self-service calendar installation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- If you previously installed the marketplace app, please take a moment to update your G Suite app permissions before proceeding. Step by step instructions are here.
Get Started: Activate the Integration
After you've completed the steps above please visit this page in JobScore and fill out the values in the form:
- Integration User Email: Enter the email address of the user you selected in step 1 above.
- Event Invitations: Choose whether to send out calendar invitations for your team to accept / decline OR to have your invitations be auto-accepted.
- Auto-accepting makes scheduling easier by allowing you to set appointments and email interview confirmations to candidates in one step. We recommend choosing Auto-accept. You can always come back and change this later if needed.
- Conference Rooms: We strongly recommend choosing "synchronize automatically" so that the conference rooms in your G Suite account automatically appear in JobScore.
Once you've entered this information, click "Activate Integration" at the bottom of the page button to turn everything on.
Test: Just to make sure
Take a moment to ensure everything is working by testing the integration:
- Visit the Add Task page in JobScore.
- Ensure "sync with calendar" is checked (at the top right)
- Select a date when you know you have something scheduled on your calendar
- Click (+) Add User at the bottom of the first table and choose yourself
If your free/busy information is shown (blue is busy) you are good to go! If you have any additional questions about these instructions or anything else related to our Google Calendar integration, please email us at email@example.com