Action Templates are a powerful, advanced feature of JobScore for employers on our Professional and Enterprise Plan. To understand the power of Action Templates, let's start out by explaining where they come from.
A little background:
We know you want to move fast... and switching back and forth between JobScore, your email and your calendar to move candidates through your recruiting process can really bog you down. We found that to do something as simple as confirm a phone interview recruiters often have to:
- Find the candidate's resume and phone number (in your ATS or email).
- Access the hiring manager's calendar (using a calendaring system like Google Calendar) to log the appointment, cutting-and-pasting in the resume and phone number.
- Type up an email to the candidate to confirm the appointment (in Gmail, MS Outlook or another email application).
- Update the candidate's stage to "interviewing" (usually in an ATS or, heaven forbid, a separate spreadsheet).
Tedious, repetitive, manual processes like these can really make recruiting a chore.
Step 1: Get everything on one page
We built the "Candidate Action" page in JobScore so you can do all of these things and more on one page without context-switching between different applications.
Just check the box for what you want to do: change stage, add a note, add a tag, schedule a task/calendar appointment, and/or email a candidate and JobScore takes care of it for you:
Getting everything on one page was a great step forward, but we knew you'd want more...
Step 2: Click less & type less using Templates:
Despite the "do more than one thing" power of the Candidate Action page, we found that busy recruiters were storing information outside of JobScore and cutting-and-pasting it in most times they used it. Crappy, right? So we added Note Templates and Email Templates for our Professional and Enterprise customers - now recruiters can quickly and easily toggle to the template with the content they need without leaving JobScore:
This was another a great step forward, but we know how much you hate to click and type unnecessarily...
Step 3: Enter the Action Template
Action Templates further automate repetitive tasks by pre-configuring the Candidate Action page to select a workflow stage, Note Template, Email Template, and/or Task to be pre-filled before you reach the page.
A good way to think about it is that each Action Templates can automate a process that normally takes 3+ minutes and requires logging into 4 different systems to be done in 5 seconds flat. Action Templates are accessible from the "take action" menu on the candidate manager or view candidate page:
Action templates can easily be created, edited and deleted by admins our Professional and Enterprise Plan from the Action Templates admin page:
Here are a few examples of how Action Templates make it easy to do 3+ things at once:
Example 1: Onsite Interview Confirmation
- Pre-sets the Candidate's Stage to “Active / Interviewing”
- Pre-configures Task details to add an interview to an employee's calendar
- Pre-selects a Custom Email Template to send the candidate an email confirming their interview
Example 2: Decline Candidate and capture reason why – 3 clicks for the price of 1
- Pre-sets Candidate Stage to “Declined”
- Pre-selects a Note Template that prompts the user to enter the reason the candidate was declined
- Pre-selects a Custom Email Template to send a "Thanks but no thanks" email to the candidate
Sill have questions? Want to see Action Templates in action? Contact Support for a walk through.
Note: Action templates **really** shine when JobScore is integrated with your calendaring system. If your company uses Google Calendar for scheduling and you'd like to get even more power out of action templates, please contact support and ask to be added to our Google Calendar beta.